Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Wednesday Night Musings III

Wizardecember
A painting challenge for Wizard miniatures, you say? And me needing to paint up some Wizards to add to existing groups of figures to create yet more Frostgrave warbands? How can I not be a part of this Wizardecember? 4 weeks. 4 Wizards. YES!

Punkrabbitt
Every time I start a new game and/or genre, I get around to a setting-specific Punkrabbitt figure eventually. So far, there has been Space Pirate Punkrabbitt (for Vor: The Maelstrom), Steampunk Pirate Punkrabbitt (for Warmachine,) Post-Apocalyptic Punkrabbitt (for Dark Age,) and War Of Spanish Succession Punkrabbitt (yes, really!) Now that I am into this whole fantasy/Frostgrave thing, my mind has turned to figuring out how to create a Punkrabbitt model with a difference.

Four Punkrabbitts: the poorly Photoshopped comparison edition

My Punkrabbitts have always been warriors of one sort or another, armed with a formidable melee weapon in one hand and a ranged weapon in the other. Short or tall, thin or plump, they have always exuded the masculinity of their genre. In Frostgrave, the character types are Wizards (generally without guns or tricorns) or Apprentices. And Punkrabbitt is not anyone's Apprentice! So, clearly a Wizard is in order. And while we are at it, let's make him a her, just to switch things things up a little. Is it an affront to my masculinity to have my personal icon in the game be female? No, of course not. Almost all of my World of Warcraft characters are female, and if I recall, most of my D&D characters back in the day were female, so why not have Punkrabbitt be female?

As I look at the four Punkrabbitt incarnations so far, one thing strikes me: they are all so nicely dressed, almost like they are a part of the "polite" society of whichever genre they represent. If I am doing the Opposite Day version, it calls for something savage, something feral, something vulgar, something cast out from civilization... and I know just the miniature to use as the basis of my conversion. This is going to be awesome!

Hopefully for Week 3 of Wizardecember...

More Scenery
I have not been idle in the scenery department. Behold!


^ I made a 2'x2' game board for playing games on. It is 2" thick white insulation foam, painted with Folk Art "Coffee Bean." I will be adding flecks of lighter and darker colors at some point.


^ Archways... excellent for making a mess of the board.


^ Another crypt, this time with better interior walls, a recessed floor, and more snow.


^ A small obelisk... there is a large obelisk coming soon. There is a piece that goes between this obelisk and it's base to make it much taller.


^ This is the other piece of the obelisk, in this case it is serving as a fallen something, with some adjacent snow. Gotta love the snow.


^ The ruined tower... the second and third floors are removable, so it can handle some interior action.

Okay, so that's all I have for musing upon this Wednesday night. Check back Satyrday for my first Wizardecember entry.

2 comments:

  1. Are the rabbits conversions of or do you start from scratch? looking like an interesting project you've got on the go there, P'rabb.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I convert a variety of bodies using the Leapers and Thumpers range from Iron Wind Metals for the heads, feet, and fluffy bunny tails. This next one though is going to be wicked...

      Delete