Thursday, December 17, 2015

Wizardecember: The Beast

Punkrabbitt, The Beast
When I started the WizarDecember painting challenge, I set up my weekly parameters as The Monster, The Maiden, The Hero, and The Beast. Originally Punkrabbitt was slated to be The Hero. However, as I developed the idea for a new Punkrabbitt, it became increasingly apparent that this new iteration of my gaming avatar was not going to be very heroic. As in, not at all. Feral, aggressive, and vulgar, this is not the usual Punkrabbitt. Almost an Anti-Punkrabbitt.

I started with the usual suspects, a body and a rabbit to start with. In this case, Reaper's Wererat Matriarch and Ironwind Metals' Thumper Archer. I replaced the head, tail, and feet on the Matriarch with those of the Thumper, and also replaced the hands with some leftover plastics. I then added a staff which was a plastic something with an impaled head I added on top.


Reaper's Wererat Matriarch

Ironwind Metals' Thumper Archer
The painting was pretty straightforward. Brownish skin, tannish fur, and black clothes. The staff was done in Pearl Black and highlighted by adding Pearl White to it. I am extremely pleased with how this model turned out. Not quite as cool and awesome as Post-Apocalyptic Punkrabbitt, which I converted and painted at the absolute peak of my abilities, but darn close.

Punkrabbitt, the Beast...
If you have been following this blog at all, you will have noticed that I usually do complete Warbands for Frostgrave to go with my Wizards. I just don't know who I want to be the Apprentice, or even the Soldiers. I am thinking of a Chaos Warband-style group, with some heavily armored warriors, nasty beastmen, and maybe some other weird stuff. But I'm not sure yet.

...complete with the fluffy tail.
As happy as I am with how she turned out, this model has a general nastiness about it that I may find difficult to share with my family. Time will tell if he shows up on the table against my wife or kids...


No comments:

Post a Comment