Friday, November 27, 2015

Mo'vember Week 4

OK, so this is it. I finished the Mo'vember challenge! I created an entire Warband for Frostgrave, and I had one moustachio'd (well, bearded anyways) miniature for each week of the month.



^ So first up, we have the requisite Beard guy, a Thug in Frostgrave terms. He just has a little beard, but he has awesomely long hair in the back to make up for it.



^ Next up we have two Men At Arms. Like the Archers from last week, they have black footwear, white pants, black tunics, and white crests on their helmets. The red shields complete the tricolor for the core of the Warband. Astute viewers will note that these two guys take the total number of members to 11... due to some brain damage, I can't always math quite right, and my initial addition allowed the second Man At Arms. In practice he will be replaced by the Dog shown last week, until such time as I can afford to hire the extra Man At Arms.



^ Here we have Antigone, the Apprentice of the Warband. Red dress, white apron, black hair... clearly a Warband member! I couldn't resist this figure, not when I first bought her when Reaper Bones was released, and not now that I have a use for her. Look at all those healing potions she is holding!



^ Finally, we have the Wizard herself. Callista isn't completely deccked out in Warband colors, but she's the boss and gets to make the rules! Another of the Reaper Bones figures I bought a couple of years ago, she was fun to paint in a fairly minimalist style. There was enough detail to really go to town with, but this is a gaming piece, not a contest entry (wait, isn't this part of Mo'vember?) so I wanted her to look good on the table, not close up.



^ And this is the whole Warband, ready to play. I haven't quite sorted out the details of Callista as an Elemental Wizard yet, but hopefully I will have the details soon.

Don't miss checking out my other project this month, the Dwarvember Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Nice work, Punkrabbit. The whole warband looks very good together. And the cardstock scenery looks good too.
    Regards Jez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! More cardstock terrain is on the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, nice work Punkrabbit, nice little warband, it's been fun having you along for the ride.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Are we having a December painting challenge?

      Delete
  4. Hi Punkrabbit, no sorry we (or at least me) are not having a December painting challenge, though there may very well be one out there somewhere.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is Wizardecember going on, but, you know... MORE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete